Baked Custard Tarts – The slightly short-crust pastry makes the perfect crumbly case for rich egg custard. Go on and enjoy with family and friends!
Here are some of the equipment you can use:
Baked Custard Tarts
BAKED CUSTARD TARTSCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Medium
Mouthwatering Asian-style Baked Custard Tarts
2 egg yolks
115 g caster sugar
2 tablespoons cornflour
400 ml milk
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1 pkt puff pastry
- Lightly grease a 12 hole muffin pan and preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Place the egg, egg yolks, sugar and cornflour in a pot and mix well together then slowly add in the milk until mixture is well mixed and smooth.
- Place pot on medium heat and stir all the time until the mixture thickens and comes to the boil.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in vanilla essence.
- Roll the puff pastry out lightly on a lightly floured surface and press out 10 cm circles and place them in the muffin pan.
- Spoon in the cooled custard and bake for 20-25mins until golden on top.
- Leave to cool in the pan for 5 minutes then move to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Serve hot or cold.
Our Top 4 Snacks & Starter Recipes
This Mangalorean style Biscuit Roti could be a fast and traditional tea time snack. The biscuit rotis are typically a crisp puri stuffed in with spicy and delicious stuffing. Biscuit roti is puffed up puris of plain flour (maida) with a layer of seasoned semolina filling. The same as the kachoris of North India. Read More
Known for a lip-smacking and flavourful dish. Afghani cuisine always has us wanting for more. This recipe of Afghani chicken is no different. Chicken glazed with distinctive ingredients and grilled. Pune is heaven for Tandoori lovers. Read More
Today we are going to see Chocolate Sandwich but before that let us see what a great personality said something about chocolate! “Without pain, how could we know joy?’ Read More
This is a very simple and easy to make eggless Nankhatai recipe. Basically is a popular teatime shortbread biscuits prepared with all-purpose flour in India. The word Nankhatai comes from a Persian word Naan meaning bread and Khatai from an Afghan word meaning Biscuits. Read More
Date and Walnut cake – Dates and Walnuts are the most loved among us and have a nutritious profile. They are actually really good for you and they give a very delicious flavor to baked foods. The date calls for walnut which gives you a bit crunch with every slice of the cake. Read more
Chocolate Croissants or Pain au chocolat in French, literally a chocolate bread. Also known as chocolatine in the southwest part of France and in Canada. Chocolate Croissants is a type of viennoiserie sweet roll consisting of a cuboid-shaped piece of yeast-leavened laminated dough. It is similar in texture to a puff pastry, Read more