Date and Walnut cake – Dates and Walnuts are the most loved among us and have a nutritious profile. They are actually really good for you and they give a very delicious flavor to baked foods.
The date calls for walnut which gives you a bit crunch with every slice of the cake and makes it very tasty. So, today I thought why not show you how to make a simple date and walnut cake.
This recipe is very easy to make even for a beginner. So let us jump to the recipe without wasting any time.
Date And Walnut CakeDifficulty: Easy
Learn how to make Date and Walnut cake that’s perfect for a midday snack.
Dates (seedless) chopped – 115 gms
Warm water – 1 cup
Soda-Bi-Carbonate – a pinch
Refined flour – 115 gms
Baking powder – ½ tsp
Walnuts chopped finely – 60 gms
Eggs – 3 numbers
Margarine/butter – 115 gms
Castor sugar – 115 gms
Vanilla essence – 1/4 tsp
- Grease or dust a 15 cms square tin.
- Sieve together flour, baking powder, coco powder, drinking chocolate, and soda-bi-carbonate thrice and keep aside.
- Mix water and vanilla essence and keep aside.
- Mix condensed milk and butter, beating continuously in one direction.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the sieved flour mixture into the beaten mixture. At the same time add the water mixture into the beaten mixture. Continue doing the same until the sieved mixture is over.
- Fold the cake batter into the greased and dusted tin. Place the tin into the drip tray.
- Bake at 150 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes or till done.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve.
Check out our other recipes here.
Follow us on social media below:
Our Top Dessert Recipes
Coconut Barfi Recipe is a traditional and classic recipe in India that is prepared during festivals and special occasions. When I was a small child, I used to mix sugar with coconut for a quick dessert. That was pure coconut indulgence. Oh, now I miss those days, it was so much fun. Read More
Today we are going to see Chocolate Sandwich Recipe but before that let us see what a great personality said something about chocolate! “Without pain, how could we know joy?’ This is an old argument in the field of thinking about suffering and its stupidity and lack of sophistication could be plumbed for centuries but Read More
Shahi Tukda – as the name itself suggests, the dish has its connections with the Royals, none other than the Mughals. For those who don’t know, the name, Shahi means ‘royal’ and Tukda means ‘Piece’, so it is also known as Royal Piece. It has its roots in Awadhi Cuisine. Mostly made in the Holy month of Ramadan. Read More
Date and Walnut cake – Dates and Walnuts are the most loved among us and have a nutritious profile. They are actually really good for you and they give a very delicious flavor to baked foods. The date calls for walnut which gives you a bit crunch with every slice of the cake and makes Read More